Monday, May 24, 2021

Renewal

 Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling.

Deborah Day


Things people tell themselves:

"I'm here to just to heal from my past"

"Be patient with me, I have a lot of past trauma"

"I invite all these opportunities in my life."


Okay great, however, but what constitutes real change, a true sense of renewal.  We love to spout off these pseudo-therapeutic, feel good, motivational chats.  

Yes, trauma is real, I don't want to gloss over the real effects of that. Others have unsupported underlying health issues, so I want to be sensitive to the variables.  However, there really is a point when someone's bad behavior is consistently scapegoated by their past.

My encouragement to people is to stop letting their past dictate their constant emotional roller-coasters.  If we are truly trying to renew ourselves, we need to look ahead, not flounder in past transgressions.  Our lives are beautiful and short. :)

Maybe renewal is about a "reset."  Acknowledging our past, but moving forward.




No comments: